Zoomingo - Managed Services lowered CPIs
Zoomingo hits a new cost-per-install low in the competitive shopping space by utilizing Appnique’s managed service for mobile app campaigns.
Zoomingo (which stands for “Zoom-in and go”) is a shopping discovery application that helps you ﬁnd the best sales in local retail stores in town. Zoomingo catalogs thousands of actual items on sale at a store-by-store level at top retail chains as Macy’s, JC Penney, Target, and Nordstrom, as well as smaller boutiques.
With Zoomingo, users can discover local store sales, weekly ads & coupons for 100+ retail stores including Target, Walmart, Macy’s, JCPenney, Kohl’s, GAP, Old Navy, Best Buy, Nordstrom, Victoria’s Secret, Bath & BodyWorks, Bed Bath & Beyond, Toys R Us, Sears, Kmart, Sephora, CVS, Walgreens and more.
“Several paid campaigns were conduct-
ed for Zoomingo using Appnique’s managed UA service. Maintaining an acceptable CAC and predictable volumes was a substantial challenge prior to engaging Appnique. Appnique made it really easy for us to drop our CPI dramatically, and get a better ROI using their managed service.”
Shirish Nadkarni, CEO, Zoomingo
Zoomingo, after listening to its customers, has successfully built a strong user base of hundreds of thousands of loyal monthly active users, who are focused on ﬁnding great local shopping deals. Zoomingo’s mobile app user ratings are extremely positive, with more than 70% of ratings at 5 stars, or 4.5 stars on average. The ratings are even higher for the current version.
With limited marketing resources, Zoomingo needed help to attract even more quality users at lower CPIs. Zoomingo had invested a large amount of time using the data they had available in both organic and paid UA through Facebook including creative, targeting and bid optimization. They found that even with a concerted eﬀort they were paying too much to acquire users.
They wanted to focus on Facebook, as they were impressed with the quality of users they could attract via the network. On the other hand, they found it challenging to maintain a cost-eﬀective CPI and consistent yield, with their advertising, particu- larly in their competitive retail/shopping category, where auction competition with large advertisers was a fact of life.
Zoomingo turned to Appnique’s managed UA service to help them acquire high quality users for both its iOS and Android apps. This was accomplished via precisely targeted mobile app install campaigns on Facebook. The managed service process for Facebook consisted of the following steps:
- Keyword analysis – identiﬁed missing keywords.
- Updated app meta data to include targeted keywords.
- Developed text calls-to-action that incorporated the target keywords & value proposition of the app.
- Identiﬁed a variety of precise interests to target campaigns – these precise interests were related to the Zoomingo app as well as to other apps that Appnique’s proprietary algorithms determined as being of interest to the Zoomingo audience.
- A/B testing for best performing combinations of ad banner, text calls-to-action and target group. Identiﬁed poorly performing combinations and eliminated them from the mix.
- Identiﬁed poorly performing combinations and eliminated them from the mix.
- Managed bidding strategy for combinations that performed well and tracked install metrics to further optimize the campaign.
With Appnique’s help, Zoomingo was able to achieve ad results for their iTunes App Store and Google Play versions that were dramatically better than industry standards.
- Campaign CTR: Ranged from 1.6% to 2.25%. This is compared with an industry average of <0.5% for mobile app install ads on Facebook.
- iTunes CPI: Zoomingo’s iTunes CPI was one third the comparable CPI for other apps in the Shopping category, and more than 50 percent lower than the CPI that Zoomingo had previously achieved while running campaigns on Facebook.
- Click to install ratio: 38%
- Google Play CPI: Zoomingo’s Google Play CPI was one third the comparable CPI for other apps in the Shopping category and more than 50 percent lower than the CPI that Zoomingo had previously achieved while running campaigns on Facebook.